ED’s big action against Winzo gaming app, Rs 505 crore kept abroad frozen, know the whole matter

Taking major action, ED has frozen Rs 505 crore abroad related to Winzo gaming app. It is alleged that without informing the users on the app, games were played through BOT/AI and withdrawals were limited. People thought they were playing a real money game with real players, even though in many cases the software was in front.

ED has taken major action in the case related to online gaming company Winzo. ED’s Bengaluru zonal office has temporarily attached or frozen about 55.69 million dollars i.e. about Rs 505 crore kept in the foreign bank accounts of the company located in America and Singapore. This amount was transferred to the company’s overseas shell companies Vinzo US Inc. and Vinzo SG Pvt. Ltd. was named.

The raid was conducted in November 2025

According to ED, earlier on 18 November 2025, the company’s office and director’s house were raided. After this, on December 30, 2025, a search operation was also conducted at his accounting firm. The agency has made serious allegations on the basis of documents and digital data found during the investigation.

The investigating agency says that the company was providing games on its app through BOT/AI/algorithm without informing the users about this. That means people were thinking that they were playing real money game with real players. Whereas in many cases there was a bot or software in front. Not only this, the withdrawal of money deposited in the users’ wallet was also limited or stopped, due to which they were forced to play the game again and again.

The company made illegal earnings through this system

ED alleges that in this manner the company used to take rake commission on every match and gradually converted the deposited amount of the users into its own earnings. According to the agency, from the financial year 2021-22 to August 22, 2025, the company made alleged illegal earnings of about Rs 3522.05 crore through this system. In this case, assets worth about Rs 689 crore have been frozen so far.

After the latest action, the total freeze amount has reached around Rs 1194 crore. ED also says that some money was sent out of India to America and Singapore in the name of overseas investment, while the day-to-day operations of the company were being run from India itself.

ED has also filed a charge sheet in the PMLA Special Court of Bengaluru on 23 January 2026. At present, further investigation of the case is going on and more revelations may be made in the coming days.

Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *