At least 10 people have died in air strikes carried out by Israel in eastern Lebanon. This information has been given by Lebanese officials. These attacks have taken place at a time when a ceasefire agreement had been reached between the two sides in November 2024. The Israeli army said it targeted Hezbollah-linked positions in the Bekaa Valley. Bekaa Valley is considered a stronghold of Hezbollah. Hezbollah, a Shia Muslim organization and political party, has confirmed that at least eight of its members have been killed, including a senior field commander.
A ceasefire agreement was reached in November 2024 after 13 months of conflict. Despite this, Israel continues to carry out attacks in Lebanon almost daily. He says that these attacks are carried out on targets associated with Hezbollah, which countries like America and Britain consider a terrorist organization. Hezbollah has the support of Iran.
massive devastation in residential area
According to BBC report, pictures shared on social media show massive devastation in a residential area. The Israeli military said in a statement that it targeted Hezbollah’s command centers and alleged that the organization builds its bases among the civilian population, which is a violation of agreements between Israel and Lebanon. In another statement issued on Saturday (21 February 2026), Israel said that it killed several members of Hezbollah’s missile network in different command centers. The army claims that these people were preparing to attack Israel and were engaged in increasing the military capability of the organization.
Where does the ceasefire agreement apply?
Hezbollah says the ceasefire agreement applies only to the area of ​​southern Lebanon that lies between the Litani River and the Blue Line (the unofficial Lebanon-Israel border). The Lebanese army has begun the process of removing Hezbollah structures in the area, the first phase of a disarmament plan. However, Hezbollah has so far refused to discuss the fate of its weapons in other parts of the country, especially in the Bekaa Valley. Recently, the Lebanese government decided to pursue a second phase of disarmament plan between north of the Litani River and the Awali River near Sidon, which Hezbollah rejected.
Lebanese government statement
The Lebanese government says that Israel’s continuous attacks are a violation of the ceasefire agreement. Prime Minister Nawaf Salam recently said that the situation has become like a one-sided war. Hours before the attacks on eastern Lebanon, Israel also attacked the Ain al-Helweh Palestinian refugee camp near the city of Saida in southern Lebanon. Israel says that there was a command center of Hamas there. Hamas said that two of its members were killed in this attack.

