Congress says Bhupen Borah withdrew resignation, he says ‘sought time to reconsider’ – What we know so far

Former Assam Congress chief Bhupen Kumar Borah submitted his resignation to Congress president Mallikarjun Khargenon Monday, but withdrew it just hours later, AICC state in-charge Jitendra Singh said. Borah has reportedly sought time from Congress high command to ‘reconsider his decision’.

Singh asserted that Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge and the AICC have not accepted his resignation.

Earlier in the day, Borah, in his resignation letter to Kharge, had claimed was being “ignored” by the party leadership and was not being given his due role within the state unit, reported PTI, citing sources.

What Bhupen Borah said

Borah told reporters in Guwahati that he sent his resignation to the Congress high command at 8 am in the morning, mentioning in detail why he took the step.

”I don’t want to say anything more than this. I will invite mediapersons at an appropriate time and give all the details. I don’t hide anything and will not take any step in secrecy,” he said. Borah said he has not “resigned from the party due to any particular person or any personal reason,” reported PTI.

(This is a developing story. Keep checking for more updates)

Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *